Friday, March 11, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile

Greetings fellow Feline Theocraticians and wanderers from the Interweb Tubes! It's Lent and here within the spacious offices of The Scratching Post, our crack editorial staff has decided to make a conscious effort to live more joyously during Lent. I, as the Theocracy's faithful beadle, have been given the task of posting a series of Things That Make Me Smile.

I'll start the series with two quotes from my inspiration for this series - the astronomer Johannes Kepler.
It is a right, yes a duty, to search in cautious manner for the numbers, sizes, and weights, the norms for everything [God] has created. For He himself has let man take part in the knowledge of these things ... For these secrets are not of the kind whose research should be forbidden; rather they are set before our eyes like a mirror so that by examining them we observe to some extent the goodness and wisdom of the Creator.
... and ...
I wanted to become a theologian; for a long time I was unhappy. Now, behold, God is praised by my work even in astronomy.
We're not big on astronomy here at the 'Post, but we love to explore and photograph and think about the world God created for us. Each new discovery is a glorious wonder placed there like a surprise birthday gift, something marvelous to be unwrapped.

You, sir, rocked.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Great new topic! ;)

Rose said...

I've been thinking the same thing lately - but it's hard to find my way back. There's so much really horrific news.