Saturday, January 09, 2010

NFL Playoff Picks for the Wildcard Round

As As Marques Colston's unofficial publicist, I am here to give you my insider's take on the NFL playoffs this weekend. Here are my picks.

NY Jets over Cincinnati. I love a good defense and a good running game and the Jets have both. Their running game will take the pressure off of their not-ready-for-prime-time QB. Cincy will struggle to score against the stifling D of the Jets.

Dallas over Philly. I can't stand Tony Romo. He's incredibly inconsistent, so this game is a coin flip for me except for one thing. I don't believe in McNabb, either. If I was Philly, I'd be playing Michael Vick all the time.

New England over Baltimore. I can't bet against Tom Brady at home, Wes Welker or no Wes Welker.

Green Bay over Arizona. The suspect Packer defense will slow down the one-dimensional Cardinals just enough to let Aaron Rodgers score the points needed for a win.

There you go. I'd love to hear your picks, so feel free to leave them in the comments.

2 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

Agree except that I think that Baltimore's defense will stop the not excellent, only good, Patriot's offense enough for their really average offense to score enough.

Mostly Nothing said...

I wasn't sure on the J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets, but since none of the 4 teams in the wild card are getting past Indy or San Diego, I didn't give it much thought.

I figured on Dallas, I just didn't see Philly as that good. They stunk it up early in the season. The NFC East just isn't very good this year.

Tom Brady at home, yeah, I don't think Baltimore can overcome that.

And so, the Pack. They played a no show last week, and imbarrased them in their home. Rodger's is a great QB (probably best in the Norse), but I think Warner/Fitspatrick is going to be too much for them.