Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Life On The Road

I'm away from home this week, playing concerts* on the East Coast. This trip has been a grind as our hosts are young and inexperienced and are over-scheduling us. We're running from one venue to the next, wolfing down Subway sandwiches for lunch before launching into another presentation. Sometimes our talks go long and we're late for the next one. It's all good, though. The crowds have responded well and the trip has been worthwhile.

In my life, almost everything has a Monkees reference and this is no different. From "Monkees on Tour," here's Mike quoting Peter about life on the road. I always think about this clip when we're out "on tour." It's pretty accurate.

Our crowds involve fewer screaming, teenage girls, but other than that, it's about the same. ;-)


* - When we go on travel to give presentations or do marketing, my partner and I use the rock star metaphor and call it "playing concerts."

No comments: