Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rage Is Expensive

There's been a lot of electrons spilled over the Obama Administration's obsession with Fox News and I'm sure I don't have anything original to say on it, but I just had to add my $0.02.

Huh?

I don't understand it at all. So a news outlet is against you - so what? It happens all the time to politicians. MSNBC couldn't have been more anti-Bush if it had photoshopped devil horns on him in every clip it showed. Again, so what?

Another point - did anyone in the administration game this all the way out to the end? Could they find any example anywhere in the history of the country where a politician defeated a news outlet? This wasn't picking a fight, this was deliberately driving your car into a brick wall.

The only explanation I can think of is blind rage, the same kind of blind rage the left expresses for Sarah Palin. There couldn't have been any cost-benefits trade-offs done for this one because I don't see how anyone could have listed anything in the benefits column. It's mindless.

Our Monastery of Miscellaneous Musings has more.

3 comments:

Jeff Burton said...

Let me deploy a young, rising cliche: the optics on this are not good.

Jedi Knight Ivyan said...

Commandment #2: The Obama shall not be criticized.

Dean said...

KT, thanks for the link