Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Another Reason to Love Dave Ramsey

... comes from one of his latest Dave Says columns.
Dear Dave,
I just lost my job due to company-wide layoffs. I have an emergency fund in place, but I’m losing my health insurance, and family coverage is very expensive. Our state has a program that covers children’s healthcare in these kinds of situations. Would it be okay to accept this kind of state assistance for my kids until I find another job, and things get better?
Paul


Dear Paul,
It’s perfectly okay to accept help when you’re down or struggling. On the other hand, to define yourself as being down or struggling is just plain wrong. By this, I mean you should never just sit there, consider yourself helpless, and expect someone to take care of you!
Emphasis in the original. There's more at the link.

No comments: