Friday, February 08, 2008

The Morning Routine

Every night, our Maximum Leader sleeps with me. Some time between 2 and 4 AM, she gets up and walks over to my bedroom door and politely knocks on it. It's a double door and she's discovered that if she pushes on the closed half with her padded paws, it makes a knocking sound. I get up and go downstairs with her, fill her bowl with crunchies and then put her and her dish out into the laundry room and close the door behind her. The laundry room has a cat door open to the outside.

Around 5 AM or so, I finally get up, go downstairs and make coffee and then open the door to the laundry room to let her in. I always find her on top of our stackable washer/dryer. Here's the scene from this morning. The picture has the orange tint because I used the ceiling lights and no flash on the photo. Our Maximum Leader doesn't like the flash in her eyes.


Every day, I say the same thing to her. "Dryer cat...is dry."

We are creatures of habit, she and I.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I have three, plus a dog. each one has their own routine, which means 8 times to get up - to let in to let out - I guess they have me trained. Should be the other way around, but I'm not willing to deal with the consequences.

Anonymous said...

funny cat!