Saturday, October 28, 2023

Aztec Gold

So, apparently, the statue of Robert E. Lee that was at the heart of the Charlottesville kerfuffle was melted down for ... something or other. I think it had to do with appeasing the Elder Gods or maybe it was an offering to Gaia. Whatever it was, I asked ChatGPT to create some images suggesting various aspects of the event and, for the most part, it refused.

At first, I pondered what the great general might have done to win modern approval and asked ChatGPT to generate an image of a Confederate infantry unit charging across a meadow, carrying both the Palestinian flag and the pride-progress flag. It refused, but did generate a thoroughly confused image of a Confederate cavalry charge where the Palestinian flag, a semi-rainbow version of the rebel flag and a whole bunch of American flags were present.

Now you understand what I've been telling you about trying to create scenes from Le Morte D'Arthur where more than two characters are present. Chaos. Pure chaos.

Next, I asked for an Aztec feast day celebration where they are flying the Palestinian and pride-progress flags. Again it fussed about the pride-progress flag, so I asked it to give me the Palestinian flag and have the Aztec chiefs and priests wear the pride rainbow prominently.

You're welcome.

Anywho, if we're melting down Confederate statues for scrap, I suggest we form the resulting slag into statues of Montezuma, sell them to the SDSU Aztec glee club and send the proceeds to the government of Wakanda.

It seems only fair.

No comments: