Sunday, July 05, 2015

The Fruits Of Political "Compassion"

... can be seen in this letter to the Financial Times. Here's a tidbit.
Sir, Memory. No memory of life before the financial crisis; politics has dominated it ever since. But now I can hardly remember life before Friday night. Fear. I am terrified of tomorrow, all I now see is black. Uncertainty, leading us through our days, every remainder of hope for a brighter future being destroyed by the minute. I look at my three-year-old niece, I envy her ignorance, I envy her age. I am 21 years old and the past few days I feel tired by life. A referendum that supposedly gives me the right to define my future, seems to have taken it away.

There are hundreds of people queueing at the ATMs and petrol stations, there is silence in the streets, people’s faces are frozen. This is the reality since Friday night. There are, and have been for a long time, people literally starving. However, it seems that instead of their situation improving, the rest of us will have no different a fate.
That's what progressive compassion looks like in its final stages.

1 comment:

Trigger Warning said...


A presenting symptom of Stage 4 Leftism is toilet paper shortage. We may yet see that in Greece.