Friday, May 21, 2010

If I Was the Governor of Arizona

... I'd take the illegals I found with my new law and bus them to the nearest border town, be that another state or another country. If, for example, I rounded them up in Phoenix, I'd ship them off to El Centro, CA. I'd drop them off in front of the social services building there. It would be humane since I was not making them return to Mexico, which, as we all know, would be an act of racism. Once there, San Diego and Los Angeles could work with El Centro to make sure the illegals got everything they needed. Arizona wouldn't have to foot the bill and we Californians could be smug and self-righteous.

This is analogous to the old joke about the two hikers who are being chased by a Grizzly Bear. As they're running, one says to the other, "We can't outrun a Grizzly!" The other one replies, "I don't have to outrun the Grizzly. I just have to outrun you."

In essence, all Arizona needs to do to reduce the economic burden of the illegal aliens is to make Arizona less attractive than California, Nevada, Utah and New Mexico. After that, who cares?


Next stop, the Federal Building in San Diego on Pacific Highway! Everybody will get a pen as they leave so they can immediately apply for governmental assistance! Yay!

No comments: