Saturday, February 08, 2020

Trying To Repeat Poland

... 1939.

Here's where I think I cross over into total nutter territory, but I can't find the flaw in the argument.

In the past, I've claimed that the Democrats are Nazis without ambition.
To recap my analogy, if you change whites and "whiteness" into Jews and Judaism and you change people of color, women and LGBT into Germans, the analogy pops out. Further, the economic policies of Obama/Hillary/Bernie and Mussolini/Hitler/Peron are nearly identical. For example, the Nazis called for universal health care and free education.

Where it falls apart is that the progressives lack the ambitions of the Nazis or the Italian fascists. They are quite content to simply beat down the opposition at home and leave other countries alone. Unlike the Nazis, they don't want to exterminate, they want to re-educate. Essentially, they want to obliterate the culture of "whiteness" and "patriarchy," whatever those are at the moment.
I was wrong. They absolutely have ambition. I was looking at it from the wrong direction. America isn't Germany, America is Poland. The Democrats' tireless push for open borders is a demand for an invasion of the US. The Greater Reich, in this analogy, isn't centered in America, its source is outside our borders. America itself is to be the source of the lebensraum.

I must be losing my mind. This can't be right. However, check out the clip below and tell me where I've gone wrong.

NOTE: The solution is not, not, not white nationalism. The solution is a society built around MLK's dream of color blindness which itself was based on Genesis 1:27 and our Founding Fathers' vision.

Anyway, here's the video. If you want to see the specific item that triggered my epiphany, go directly to 8:40.

4 comments:

Foxfier said...

They've redefined "white" so that if you work hard and are responsible-- Carson, Justice Thomas, Sowell, Rice-- then your skin color doesn't matter.

It's gonzo nuts to conflate that with the tiki-torch losers. But they do.

K T Cat said...

Here's another data point.

Foxfier said...

Supporting that-- part of what really smacked it home, besides realizing that my 100% Italian (both parents were children of immigrant couples) aunt was darker than a lot of the "black" celebrities-- is having moved to Iowa.

Folks say "white" when they are, visibly judging, normal for San Diego. (For a decently large city I've spent a lot of time in, on the lower income scale.)

There's actually a lot MORE holy-cow-that-guy-is-REALLY-black folks than I have ever seen anywhere else, in part because of the refugee programs-- folks whose skin is mahogany.
The Chief (3) actually ran right into the side of a guy about my age at Goodwill, mahogany dark, and from his accent he was native born here or close enough. Yeah, I was mortified, but he was Iowa nice so it was OK. I was still scolding the Chief, but it's a matter of my kids behaving badly.

I know when I was a kid, the folks who insisted they were Spanish, not Mexican (they were in Cali before Mexico left Spain) listed themselves as "white."

Don't get me started on the folks who see my last name (IT'S ITALIAN!!!) and start speaking Spanish!

K T Cat said...

You know, if you see all people as created in the image of God, the whole "who is really a person of color" issue becomes a fairly uninteresting academic question. At that point, who cares? It's far more important that you like gravy, old cars and SEC football!

;-)