Saturday, March 21, 2015

Yellow Flowers And Camera Quality

Over at Tim's excellent blog, I mentioned that the camera on my Galaxy S5 phone has, in some ways, surpassed my Nikon D60 artillery piece. Yesterday, I was visiting my parents where my mom's typically outstanding garden had yielded these beauties.

I left this quite large, so I think it's worth a click. Enjoy!
While the S5's camera gives more pixels in its shots, there's no question that the focusing, zoom and white balance on the Nikon are vastly superior. I took about 20 photos of my mom's flowers and many of them suffered from incorrect focal length or were overexposed.

The solution, of course, is to buy a new Nikon.

3 comments:

ligneus said...

Or you could try one of these, it's had a lot of good reviews. I know, money!

http://www.fujifilm.ca/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x100t/

tim eisele said...

What you *really* need, is an adapter so you can mount your nice Nikon lenses onto your cellphone!

K T Cat said...

ligenus, that's got a lovely, retro look to it.

Tim, better yet would be a "brains" module in the Nikon with the sensor that could be swapped out like a lens when technology advanced and higher pixel resolutions were achieved.