Sunday, April 08, 2012

Veneration of the Cross

On Good Friday, my wife and I helped out at Church, holding the cross for our fellow parishioners to venerate it by genuflection, bowing or kissing it. Whenever I do something like this, there's always a touching moment, something that takes my breath away with its beauty.

This time, a handsome young man came up to the cross carrying his daughter who looked to be about 2. He genuflected before the cross and then leaned over so his daughter could kiss it. It was simply gorgeous.

Happy Easter.

He loves you so much that He would rather die than spend eternity without you.

3 comments:

Dean said...

Happy Easter, KT!

Secular Apostate said...

And a happy Easter to you, too!

P.S.: We had 3 adult baptisms and 7 adult first communions at the Vigil last night. "upon this Rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it."

Rose said...

Wonderful post.