Sunday, February 24, 2008

What Kind of RAM Should I Buy?

I was asking this question to myself when looking for an upgrade to my PC to do some video work. My PC is a hodgepodge of gear built around an Elite Group motherboard. I had found some RAM on sale at Office Depot, but I didn't know if it was the right stuff. I then stumbled across this post at cyberwalker. It answered all my questions. Way cool.

Update: Our Court Jester chimed in about crucial.com which, incidentally, is where I ultimately found the software tool to choose the right RAM.

4 comments:

Jeff Miller said...

Crucial.com also has a great tool for selecting memory and they have reliable ram, good prices, and are thoroughly reliable.

ronupnorth said...

KT, the memory place is where I buy all of our memory for work. they have the "memory configurator" tool to determine the right memory for your machine. great prices..
http://www.buymemory.com

K T Cat said...

Thanks, Jeff and Ron!

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I'm partial to the Kurakal, or Persian Rams, myself. Good wool, and run about 280 pounds.

One feeds the whole Pack for a week. Gotta watch out for those horns though.....

Glad to help.
Wollf