Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Week, A Month, A Year, Half Your Life

A few nights ago I was having dinner with my daughter when she came up with a cool game. She's a fifth grader and is learning geography. To help her out, we use map placemats (this is the actual one we use) which sometimes lead to fun conversations. The game she came up with has been so enjoyable that I decided to make a blog meme about it and tag some others to see how they would answer.

The Rules for A Week, A Month, A Year, Half Your Life

Pick four places on the globe. The first you will stay at for a week, the second for a month, the third for a year and the last one you will live half your life. You can add photos or text if you want to illustrate why you would live there or you can just give one word responses. Link back to this post in your response. Tag three other bloggers and ask them to play. If you don't get tagged, but still want to play, then by all means do so. Let me know when your answers are up and I'll link back to you.

My responses

A Week - Thailand


A Month - Cairns, Australia


A Year - Aukland, New Zealand


Half my Life - San Diego, CA


Hmmm. I think I see a thread in all of this. Warm beaches. :-)

OK, let's see here, who to tag? Let's go with our Pater of Prowling, our Monastery of Miscellaneous Musings our Holy Scribe and just because I'm making up the rules as I go along, I'll pick a fourth - our Holy Scholar, Mog. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

5 comments:

Justin said...

I've sent you an offer you can't refuse to your email address I've got for you. :)

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Well, all Righty then.....gotta dig up a few pictures, but the answers just jumped out at me....

Heh, the half a life? Doesn't much really matter where, does it?

Like my noo tattoo says, eh? If you're with your Daisy, it's all Paradise....
Right on it buddy!

Wollf

Niall Mor said...

KT:

My response is up, and I've tagged 3 other people. I can't guarantee they'll play, though.

Rose said...

Wollf tagged ME! KT! I can't do that on MY BLOG!

OK, so I started a new one, that's lighter. The Coffee Shop Blog (That's where we solve all the world's problems every single morning, you know.)

And this Meme is alot harder than it seems! It's easy to pick places you want to go see, maybe even stay as long as a month. But a year? And the rest of your life? Lot harder. I picked 'em all except the last one, That's still in the works. :)

ronupnorth said...

I'm in, sounds like fun. I'll try to post my answers tonight.