Sunday, July 31, 2016

Well, That Was Disappointing

My man Gary Johnson has come out against religious freedom. Some Libertatian he turned out to be. Even Reason has reason to call foul.
If the state is going to suppress somebody's right to religious expression, it better make sure there's no other way to get what it wants.
And then they hit the nail on the head.
All in all, Johnson's position on religious freedom ends up coming across as though it's based on a fear that it's going to lead to outcomes that he finds detestable and not an analysis on principles that guide his thoughts.
Too bad they didn't hit Gary on the head and knock some sense into him. Who's he to say what I believe is detestable? The whole point of being Libertarian is the ability to live my life the way I want ad to tell the government to go away. I really don't need to pay attention to the opinions of idiots who have helped weaken the traditional family, consequently creating mountains of social problems.

4 comments:

Ilíon said...

When push comes to shove, most 'libertarians' will gladly side with the leftists.

Ohioan@Heart said...

I'd say 'Amen' to both the post and the comment, but I am afraid that if I did I'd be pilloried for using such a religious based term of microaggression.

Ilíon said...

The reason I say that most “libertarians” (and the more so the capital-L Libertarians) will gladly side with the leftists is this -- if there is one thing “libertarians” hate worse than governmental force being used to confiscate wealth from the people who produce it so as to buy the votes of people who don’t, it’s governmental force being used to negatively sanction immoral behavior.

K T Cat said...

Yeah, I guess all that "live and let live" talk only applies to groins and drugs.