Saturday, November 14, 2015

Paris Is A Big City

... with lots of places to hide, lots of places to attack and too many places to defend. Right about now, if I was a Parisian, I'd be rethinking my dinner plans for the time being. Best to grab some groceries and eat at home. Telework would sound like a good idea, too.

When I walked down the street and saw Muslims near me, I'd be wondering just what they were thinking and what they were up to.

All of this puts me in mind of Mark Steyn's assertions in After America. Cities are going to end up with "Green Zones" where you can enter only through security checkpoints like the airport. I think that's a bit hyperbolic, but for the citizens of Paris and other French cities, I'm sure they're pretty shaken by the whole thing and are wondering just what's coming next.

No comments: