Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sunset Cliffs Sea

Yesterday was a typically beautiful day at Sunset Cliffs and this time, I took the trouble to snap a few photos. Below is my favorite of the bunch, kind of a brooding, yet hopeful sea. I left it large, so I think it's worth a click.

On a side note, I had scraps from a loaf of bread that I was throwing on the ground for the birds. That late in the day, there weren't any birds to pick it up, so it just lay there waiting for them. A woman was walking a really big dog in the area and when he caught sight of the bread scraps, he dragged her around trying to eat them. Whoops!

Enjoy.

3 comments:

tim eisele said...

Nice! Is that bit of whirlpool-like choppy water off on the left from submerged rocks, or was it just a chance confluence of waves?

Incidentally, how high up is that? It looks like the cliff is a few feet tall and it is really calm, but there are no real size cues and I think it could just as easily be a few hundred feet above the crashing surf.

K T Cat said...

Thanks! The cliffs are about 20-30' tall. The whirpool is waves breaking on rocks right below the surface.

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

I miss living near the ocean. I used to pause on my trips to the grocery store and just watch the waves for a few minutes.