Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lizard

Taking a walk at lunch the other day, I came across this little fellow sunning himself on the sidewalk. He let me walk right past him and he barely moved. I got out my phone, turned on the camera and went back to take a photo. I don't know why I like it, but I do.

Odd thought: I can't recall seeing a resting lizard with its tail straight out. They're always curved. I wonder if lizards are right-tailed and left-tailed with the dominant side being the direction of curve they most often choose.

2 comments:

tim eisele said...

I like it too, it is a fine lizard (and we don't have lizards here, so I'm not all jaded about seeing them ).

The curved tail thing might help them to take off faster from a standing start. Straightening it abruptly would push against the ground and drive them forward. And they probably do have a preferred handrdness.

IlĂ­on said...

Do their tailors ask them on which side they dress?