Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Party Game For Families With Dogs

The smaller Catican Guard is a Chihuahua - Cocker Spaniel mix. She is prone to frequent licking spasms and, like most dogs, her favorite tongue target is the face. The other morning, I was laying on the couch watching an EPL game and fighting her off. She'd jump up onto the end of the couch near my feet and then creep across my body until she sat on top of my chest, straining to lick my face. I'd let her lick my hand for a while and then gently pick her up and put her on the floor. The process would start again. During this hand-to-canine combat, I came up with a simple game. Here are the rules.
  1. Everyone must lay in the middle of the floor, face up, with their hands at their sides.
  2. The dog(s) must be loose in the room.
  3. No one is allowed to move except to get up.
  4. The last one to get up is the winner.
Feel free to post rule variations in the comments.

4 comments:

Ilíon said...

There is no way anyone will ever induce me to play that game.

K T Cat said...

Then, my friend, you would lose!

:-)

Ilíon said...

Didn't Dan Fogelberg sing about learning how even losing one may win?

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

Sounds like a tame version of cowboy poker.