- If rearranging spending leads to jobs, why not make these changes permanent?
- No one has explained how letting the government, which can't even balance a budget, much less make a profit, can create economic growth. (Well, they explained it last time, but it didn't work they way they said, so there's no reason to believe it will now.)
- How is more of this a good thing?
- We want to spend some of this stimulus money for teacher salaries. Borrowing money to pay salaries is a good thing? Isn't that an indication of a financially doomed organization?
- If printing money and handing it out didn't work before, why will it work now?
- Abraham Lincoln's administration may have built railroads, but how is that relevant? Compare the transportation infrastructure of 1860 and 2011 and see if you can find a difference.
- Roads and bridges, roads and bridges, roads and bridges. How does this lead to jobs? Are there any businesses that aren't expanding because they can't get their goods from point A to point B? Any?
Update: Here's B-Daddy's take.