Saturday, September 03, 2011

The Completed PlaySport Pressure Chamber

Here we go!



I tested it out by screwing the lid on tight and immersing it in a bucket of water. Even without plumber's tape on the threads, no air escaped. I might do the pressure tests that way, with the thing in a bucket. That way, if it does blow somehow, the water will reduce the velocity of the shrapnel. I still don't see it exploding. ABS pipe is really thick and the inflator stem is affixed really well.

Still, I haven't had the courage to try inflating it too far yet.

:-)

Background info here.

3 comments:

Radhakia said...

good try and lucky

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

DUDE!! I really admire your stick to it 'iveness', but why not get the The Vivitar ViviCam 8400?

30' guaranteed, and about $60 online......

Oh, wait. My Bad. You are restoring an MGB...... Different rules for Men like you.

Good Luck!

K T Cat said...

Thanks for the tip, but I'm still going to continue with this. The Vivitar looks like a cool camera, but the PlaySport can do 1080p HD.

Plus, as you said, I'm a nut.