Monday, July 31, 2017

So Will I

Hillsong United is like the Enya of Christian music. Their stuff all sounds pretty much the same and it's decent background music. Well, maybe that's not fair. They have two speeds - rock and Enya. I love their rock songs and can deal with the drifty stuff. The Babylon Bee captured their music perfectly in a satirical piece, Hillsong United Introduces Controversial New Fifth Chord.

Having said that, their latest album, Wonder, has a few great songs. One of them, So Will I absolutely rocked my world. Below is the lyric video. Like most Hillsong tunes, it's a bit long, around 6 1/2 minutes. While I love it, your mileage may vary. In any case, the two bits that really hit me were these.
And as You speak
A hundred billion galaxies are born
In the vapor of Your breath the planets form
If the stars were made to worship so will I
I can see Your heart in everything You’ve made
Every burning star
A signal fire of grace
If creation sings Your praises so will I
When you realize that the stars and galaxies are like a song to His glory, it kind of puts you in your place, doesn't it? Who am I to disagree with, well, everything?

The other one was this.
God of salvation
You chased down my heart
Through all of my failure and pride
On a hill You created
The light of the world
Abandoned in darkness to die
This weekend, one of our sons left his keys at the Padres game. When he texted me and asked if I had his spare set, which I did not, I was actually hurt for his loss. A set of keys. Which he later recovered at the stadium lost and found. As parents, we feel for every up and down in the lives of our children.

When God formed the hill that became Golgotha, he knew His Son would be crucified there.

Those lyrics bring tears to my eyes every time.

So there you have it. I hope you enjoy the song.

No comments: