Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Martin Van Buren Dog

The smallest of the Catican Guards, one Lilly by name, a chihuahua mix, has a great set of muttonchop whiskers. We* call her Martin Van Buren Dog. I chose the nickname as a homage to the very brief cameo of Martin Van Buren in the Monkees episode Dance Monkee Dance. Here's the clip, below is a side by side of the two of them.


I'd say that's a pretty strong resemblance, wouldn't you?

* - Well, to tell you the truth, I really call her that, but my wife plays along because she loves me. I'm the Monkeephile in the family.

4 comments:

tim eisele said...

Yes, that is pretty close. I thought maybe General Burnside would be similar as well, but I see his facial hair connects with his moustache, which your little dog doesn't really have.

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

I wouldn't have thought that a dog could look like a president, but then I saw her face and I'm a believer.

:)

K T Cat said...

Ivyan, LOL! I got the joke.

K T Cat said...

Tim, that facial hair is called an Imperial. I'd love to grow one, but I can't manage even a goatee or a soul patch. I'd love to look like Colour Sergeant Bourne from "Zulu!"