Monday, March 10, 2014

You Have No Free Will. Vote Democrat.

I'm off my meds tonight*, so I'm going to make this short and sweet.

I finished Sam Harris' Free Will today. It taught me stuff and there's not too much wrong with it, but only because there's not much in it. For the most part, what little there is of it is horrible. I think my IQ dropped 20 points reading it.

Very short version of Sam's book: You don't have free will, but it's OK.

The book reminded me of the Dwight Longnecker post I linked to a while back that laughed at atheists who have all the imagination of old oatmeal. I felt like I was listening to a mad scientist who had developed a tiny power source that could generate 3GW and whose chief ambition was to use it to run a toaster oven.

You could see one of the best parts coming miles away, but when it finally showed up at the end, it didn't fail to deliver the laughs. Not having any free will has implications in politics and the biggest is that you should vote for Democrats.

Hilarious!

More later.

* - In addition to giving up texting during matrimony, I gave up alcohol for Lent. What was I thinking?

No comments: