Thursday, September 26, 2013

Miracles

So I'm a scientist and engineer by training and practice. I never really believed in all that mumbo-jumbo mystical stuff. I went to church on Sundays and sent my kids to Catholic school, but I rolled my eyes when people got supernatural on me. Still, I bought the concept and performed the rites.

I was in my late 40s when I experienced a miracle. I have no doubt what it was, Who it was or what it meant. Well, to be perfectly honest, I laugh sometimes as the meaning becomes deeper and I realize how shallow my previous understanding was, but jeezey moe, it was God interacting with me, just how deep can I be expected to go to comprehend all the things He was trying to tell me?

When I hear atheists talk about there being no proof of God, I feel like I'm talking to a person who has never left Kansas telling me there's no proof that the Pacific Ocean exists.
"Dude, it's right here. I swim in it. I dive in it. One of our sons surfs in it."
"It's all explainable through science. You are only imagining it."
Sigh.
I was blessed enough to be given proof. It's more than metaphysical.

1 comment:

Tots said...

You nailed it. I shared my thoughts on my blog as well.

Until you have been face to face with a miracle and KNOW God actually exists, you can't explain the unexplainable.

And there lies Miracles and the essence of Faith.

If you get a second, I'd love it if you could share a link to your miracle (if you've shared it). The one I shared is one of MANY that God has let me see.

It's amazing how the enemy blinds us and encourages us to forget how close God really is. We are all that keeps Him away.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.