Sunday, February 26, 2012

Someone Had A Big Day Yesterday

As a part of the physical training regimen required to maintain their coveted positions protecting our Maximum Leader, we took the Catican Guards on a 5 mile hike yesterday, followed by an evening two-hour romp with some friends' dogs. The smaller of our Guards is about 10# and all of the other dogs she played with were much larger, yet she held her own.

A well-earned rest: she fell asleep on my lap.

I never thought I would have anything but scorn for a little dog, but this one is more precious than rubies. She is joy and love in a little, furry bundle.

3 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Niall Mor said...

KT wrote: I never thought I would have anything but scorn for a little dog.

Bite your tongue, sir! Shame on you for even thinking such a thing. I've always been partial to dogs because the ones I've met always seemed so welcoming and accepting--five minutes after they meet you, they want to be your new best friend.

Cats always seemed to be more standoffish and aloof. However, now that I've spent a little more time with cats (my brother has both a cat and a dog), I've realized that cats are simply more discriminating about whom they love. They take the time to evaluate you and see if you meet their high standards.

K T Cat said...

Niall, I crave forgiveness. I had always associated little dogs with endless, nervous yapping. Ellie has shown me otherwise.