Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crisis Living

... brings out the best in you?

My son's neck isn't healing quite right and it looks like he's going to need surgery to make sure his spinal column is protected. The whole family has rallied 'round, including the smaller of the two Catican Guards who has taken to being my boy's own personal morale officer.

In our family, this has been a revealing episode with heroism and love all around, particularly from my wife. I thought I had married well before this. Now I can't find words to describe how strengthening and supportive she is.

In prayer, I've asked for the strength, sympathy and constancy to muddle my way through this and it's been no small solace to find that God grants me this as I ask. In the mechanics of life, I've found that deeper thought is hard to come by - scattered and random when it appears, but simply placing one foot in front of the other and doing the next thing that needs to be done relieves much stress.

The required surgery is not difficult or dangerous, but the time getting to it is. Post-surgery, recovery should be quick and almost total with only the most minor of side effects.

Like most crises, it's the waiting that's the hardest.

8 comments:

Mutnodjmet said...

Prayers being offered up for your son's healing and your comfort.

Kelly the little black dog said...

Yes waiting is the hardest part. Best wishes to your son from Kelly.

K T Cat said...

Thanks!

Doo Doo Econ said...

My hopes and prayers for your son!

tim eisele said...

Here's best wishes that all goes well!

K T Cat said...

Thanks, DDE and Tim. Things are looking up. Surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. After that, we should have smooth sailing.

ligneus said...

Hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will.

SarahB said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son's injury! Prayers all around.