Monday, May 16, 2011

Back From Retreat

... wouldn't that mean advancing?

I just spent three and a half days on my first Cursillo weekend and I'm not entirely sure what to say about it. A quick summary was that I shared a weekend with about 30 other Catholic men who were joining a movement to live a Christ-centered life, but that summary doesn't do it justice. In fact, until I've had a chance to write my way through what happened, I don't think I'll fully understand it. Even in that, I'm sure it will end up like a C. S. Lewis theology text and will require several runs through to even get to the 75% mark.

What I do know for certain is that it's a major inflection point in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

f''=0?

K T Cat said...

Eeegads! Catholic math geek humor!

:-)

Dean said...

KT, my friend "Chris", whom I believe you know, related a retreat experience to me a couple years back.

It was amazing how much we were able to talk about it given the fact he couldn't reveal much about it (Omerta?).

From the conversation, I do remember the somewhat obligatory "rite of passage" but also "dirt" and "ants".


Captcha: Tednefu (n): a cheesy bread dip made by your brother-in-law.

K T Cat said...

Dean, I don't know about a rite of passage, but to give up too much would spoil the experience for others. Dirt and ants isn't at all familiar to me. What I did see were a lot of men trying to live better lives through Christ. Awesomeness.

Secular Apostate said...

I (reluctantly) participated in the Walk to Emmaus, the United Methodist spinoff of Cursillo, several years ago. It changed my life. Among the many changes wrought was my Confirmation in the Catholic Church.