Friday, May 07, 2021

Post Apocalyptic

 ... is a good way to describe parts of Yazoo City, MS. Parts are good, but a lot of it has been left to decay by the residents. Dig this photo, which I left large and might be worth a click.

I have a couple more just like it. I don't spook easily, particularly not in the daylight, but this place creeped me out so I didn't snap a lot of pictures. I just wanted to leave. I had been looking forward to visiting because it's the home town of my man, Zig Ziglar. He talked about having a serious inferiority complex coming from poverty in Yazoo, but I had no idea how bad it was.

Of course, not everyone is allowing things to fall to pieces. Here are the test scores from the standardized English language exam at the local public high school.

I have some ponderings to share about what I'm seeing, but I think they will have to wait until I get back to San Diego. I like this little MSFT Surface, but its cramped keyboard is an impediment to long blatherings.

No comments: