Saturday, August 01, 2020

Sheepshead With Crawfish Sauce

... was last night's dinner. The recipe came from The Louisiana Seafood Bible, Fish, Volume 1. The photo of the finished product wasn't all that good, but I really liked the photo of the sauce.


I went to the local seafood market, Catalina Offshore for those of you in San Diego, and saw sheepshead fillets. I'd never tried sheepshead, so I figured it was worth a gamble. It was fabulous. I've stopped buying the frozen fillets imported from China. I'll pay a premium to get American fish or Mexican fish caught by American boats.

The sauce had real crawfish tails, shipped in from Louisiana Crawfish. I won't substitute cut-up shrimp for them ever again. They're exquisite. 

We had friends over for dinner and a good time was had by all. The conversation was worth a blog post, but not this one. Have a nice Saturday, everybody.

No comments: