Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Milky Way Photography

On Sunday night, wife kitteh and I went to Mount Laguna to do some more night sky photography. As usual, you had no idea if you were getting good shots or not because it all looked like dark squares with tiny, white dots on the camera's view screen. Yesterday, I brought the pictures into Photoshop, made some adjustments and Voila! Not only did they look pretty good, but the Milky Way is visible in some of them.

This is the best of the lot. I left it rather large, so it's worth a click. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

Beautiful.

tim eisele said...

Was that with the Fujifilm XT-10 that you used last time, or with the Nikon? The stars are much more distinct this time, quite nice!

Mostly Nothing said...

Wow, that's fantastic.

K T Cat said...

Tim, that was the Fujifilm. I brought both it and the Nikon Artillery Piece, but the Nikon threw an error code when confronted with night sky photography.

I watched the video on how to do night sky photography with the Fuji. I set it at 30 second shutter and widest possible aperture.