Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Purpose Of American Politics

The purpose of American politics is to sculpt a government we can afford.


I'm proud of that summation. It came to me yesterday as I was recovering from a massive hangover. Inspired or created from alcoholic fumes, you be the judge.

I think I got the idea from this tweet by BDaddy.
Eventually, reality, God, gets a vote and His vote wins.

I was also influenced by the frighteningly unanimous nature of the Chicom Flu relief bill wherein we printed untold trillions of dollars to hand them out. Frank J captured the problem with it in this tweet.
Money isn't wealth. Money represents stored wealth. If that store of wealth doesn't grow, but your store of money does, you've done nothing.

Going back to 2020 politics, it's amazing how there's no one left who espouses this view. The Republicans have bought into Modern Monetary Theory - print, Print, PRINT - as much as anyone. The Democrats are even worse, coming up with new "rights" all the time. Health care, education, childcare, citizenship, they're all going to be free. That's insane, but I don't know if a majority of people understand.

And thank you, American public education industry. Also, major props to you, American news media.

Finally, I listened to Obama's endorsement of Biden yesterday. In addition to making me want to flip the guy off for talking down to me as he always does, I heard him discuss fundamentally reshaping the country. Dude, if you don't make things, you ain't fundamentally reshaping nothing. It was all the typical prog fantasy where money is conflated with wealth.

Obama is as he always was, an idiot mistaken for a genius. The purpose of American politics is to sculpt a government we can afford. If memory serves, the government is about 25% too big right now. The debate ought to be over which 75% we'll keep. Instead, we get stimulus packages paid for with printed money. Money isn't wealth.

You can eat beans, but you can't eat money.

1 comment:

B-Daddy said...

Thanks for the retweet. Especially liked Obama is an idiot masquerading as a genius.