Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Working Without Lists

My mojo is gone, probably for the rest of the day.

I did some work on the central console of my MGB, getting it ready to act as a template for a fiberglass version. I've also been working through some self-discipline exercises over the last two weeks that have made a real difference, but they also drag you down. Habit change can be exhausting.

If I was still working, I'd have a cup of coffee right about now so I'd be able to be productive the rest of the day. I'm not working, so I won't. I discovered that afternoon coffee led to evening anxiety from caffeine letdown which led to more beer.

Instead, I think I'll sloth about. I'll crank up my Kindleator and see what books I've got in it that will interest me.

How about you? How do you deal with a severe case of listlessness?

I considered doing something, but thought the better of it.

Addendum: And God so loved the world that He gave us naps.

3 comments:

ligneus said...

You're retired??? And you called me a slacker? OK, in jest [I hope] but the only cure I know is to do something. Any job around that needs to be done even if it's only tidying up.
I guess naps are good, if it was good enough for Churchill..... but it's something I've never been able to do and anyway any job I've had, taking a nap during work hours would have been a firing offense.

K T Cat said...

Yeah, I retired six days before my mom fell and broke her hip. Talk about blessings! I was able to nurse her through her last days without feeling conflicted about missing work.

Fear not, I'm going back to work in a few weeks.

Foxfier said...

*looks at six kids*

I keep going, but I whine about it. :D

Tired of being told to wash your hands, yet?