Wednesday, December 18, 2019

When Do You Need To Pray?

Since the previous post for today was a mostly incoherent rant, I figured I'd balance it out with this one.

I struggle with prayer. Simply put, I just don't feel like it most of the time. However, I still need that connection with the divine and direction from The Big Dude. Mostly, I need it when I get up and then again around 4 PM. Those are the times right before when I'm most likely to go sideways and do things I don't want to be doing.

In the morning, I want to vow to dedicate my life to doing His will. At night, I want a course correction from what I've done during the day as well as some kind of restraint with the evening's relationships, including my relationship with the contents of the fridge in the garage.

I'm also not a big fan of prayers found in books. I've bought a ton of them and I'm enough of a rebel that almost all of them make me roll my eyes. Instead, I find it a lot more rewarding to talk to The Man. That's where I get the best feedback and suggestions.

So there's that. A much better blog post for today.

No comments: