Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Fighting With Children

I used to wrestle with our kids. It was lots of fun. I also used to study Kung Fu. That was fun, too. When I could work up the courage, I'd go to sparring class and get beaten up in the ring. Now check out this video from San Francisco where two women take on a single man.


I watched it a couple of times. Here's what I noticed.
  • The guy was in total control of the encounter even though he was outnumbered. When I wrestled with the kids, I would ignore all but one and focus on that kid. In my case, it was to tickle them unmercifully. Once they were incapacitated with laughter, I'd turn on another. Since there was nothing they could do to me, I could engage with each in turn.
  • My favorite bit is where the girl security guard is hopping up and down, around 0:25. The man is holding the door closed against her with one hand while wrestling with the other. He's effectively fighting children.
  • The encounter ended when the man decided it was over. Had he not been a deranged druggie, this could have turned out quite differently. Which it does, frequently, in those places where women don't have men to protect them. See also: Urban communities, single-parent homes in.
  • This is San Francisco, one of the capitals of Wokeness. No one would suggest that a woman can't be a security guard because that's not who we are. For all we know, xe may identify as a man, not that the outcome would change.
  • There were no weapons available to the guard or if there are, she doesn't use them. If this had turned truly vicious, those two girls were going down and there was nothing they could do about it. A gun in trained hands would have made all the difference in the world.
  • Forget about batons or things like that. Close combat weapons wielded by children are only marginally dangerous. To be effective, you really want a stand off weapon to negate the guy's massive advantages in strength and ferocity.
  • If I'm the security guard or that's my wife, dude is going down or I'm going to die defending her and I do mean die. That changes the calculations completely. The strikes you make in combat à outrance are completely different than hopping up and down or wrestling with doors. Eyes, throats, joints, etc - it's all on the table and you take the first opening and strike without mercy or thought.
  • In that vein, the dude was clearly not trying to kill them or they would be dead. They had no defense against him at all.
There's more, but you get the point. We got that one on video, but I'm certain there are tens of thousands every week that don't get recorded where undefended women get slammed around and worse. And why not? Dig how we see women.


Ridiculous.

9 comments:

tim eisele said...

The thing is, though, it isn't about "men" vs "women". It's about "big people" vs "small people". It's true that the smallest adults are disproportionately women, but what about all the guys who are under 5'6" (about 1/8 of the male population in the US)? Not only are they short compared to other guys, they are shorter than about 20% of women.

https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/

Don't they have the same issues?

Heck, even though I am about average height for a man in the US, there are still about half of the male population that is enough bigger than me that I wouldn't want to tussle with them unarmed. Does that make me incompetent to defend myself and my family if some of those big guys cause trouble? Does that mean I need to ally myself with a big guy, and hang around with him, and his friends, all the time so he can defend me?

One last thing: you said "forget about batons or things like that". I think that people don't fully appreciate the danger of a short club. Back when I was a teenager, I accidentally* knocked a 500-lb steer out cold with a length of 2x4 about the size of a billy club. Those things are a lot more potent than they look if you swing them with sufficient vigor.

*well, it wasn't an accident that I hit him. He'd just bashed me in the face with his head, and I was pretty mad. I didn't mean to knock him out, though.

K T Cat said...

Men are qualitatively different than women and size is of perhaps tertiary importance. You cannot replace the aggression that comes with being a man. Women can't cope with it. Their natural reaction is to cower. Yep, you can find women in MMA who are counterexamples. So what? Go watch that video again and tell me that's not representative.

Even in our Kung Fu classes, we never, never, ever had women spar against men, not even in points sparring.

I read somewhere recently that the black gangs in London had to adjust their behaviors when they came up against Syrian gangs. The Syrians went from "decide to kill you" to "kill you" instantaneously. The black gang members were used to posing and strutting and posturing. When the Syrians decided to kill you they went straight to stabbing as fast and hard as they could.

That's what I think women are up against. A man with his blood up is ferocious in a way women cannot duplicate or even comprehend.

K T Cat said...

As for weapons, my wife is a pretty tough kitteh. Give her a knife or a police baton and I still don't want her going up against a gang banger. She will be motivated by fear and he will be ruled by aggression. Fear makes you back away as you fight. Aggression makes you charge. An angry dude charging you has a quality all its own.

Ilíon said...

Sad (and absurd) as it is, this is the world that *women* demand. And it won't change until women are willing to *admit* that they are not men.

Ilíon said...

And more to the point, it won't change until women refuse the feminist call to *resent* men.

Foxfier said...

The thing is, though, it isn't about "men" vs "women". It's about "big people" vs "small people". It's true that the smallest adults are disproportionately women, but what about all the guys who are under 5'6" (about 1/8 of the male population in the US)? Not only are they short compared to other guys, they are shorter than about 20% of women.

They are still stronger than a woman of equal or greater size.

I know that from the Navy-- yeah, I can lift stuff that bigger guys couldn't, but that was a matter of knowing how to use my weight, not strength. The Marine that was three inches shorter, same shoulders and slightly lighter? Was picking up six foot tall guys. I would be lucky to drag them.

Less on the crazy side? (Marine=crazy, it's in the enlistment papers.) I've got a cousin who's an amazon. Six ten, I believe. Her husband? Five six, I believe.

They only tried out the "who would win" thing a few times, because he really doesn't want to hurt her, and there's only so many tactics you can use that don't involve hurting the other person.

Now, if I were one of the video ladies, I'd probably have a slight advantage because I have put a lot of time and thought into "how to kill some crazy SOB who comes at me." The police would probably not be impressed with a mechanical pencil to the jugular, bend of the arm or jabbing at the kneejoint/artery. Assuming that I survived to TALK to the police, after actually hurting the goblin. (not a good assumption, my tactics are literally "do enough damage they can find the blanker" as best result, when I can't offer enough force to make them flee. IE, pull a gun.)

Foxfier said...

Sad (and absurd) as it is, this is the world that *women* demand. And it won't change until women are willing to *admit* that they are not men.

You will never get the obnoxious women (who are NOT the majority) to stop demanding insane things.
It's a loyalty test.
"Are you willing to lie to me, when we both know it's a lie, because I demand it?"

That's why they're OK with the girls that do believe it-- the victims of the lie-- being fatally harmed. They're either fodder, or competition.

It's the female version of Gaston's relationship as shown during his villain song with la Foo and the other hunters, respectively.

Foxfier said...

Note: I have no idea if the loyalty test women are aware they're doing it, or are just freaking insane.

Foxfier said...

Back when I was a teenager, I accidentally* knocked a 500-lb steer out cold with a length of 2x4 about the size of a billy club. Those things are a lot more potent than they look if you swing them with sufficient vigor.

Hehe.... I have hit cattle in the head with bats. It didn't do much besides drive them off.

You're underestimating your physical abilities. (Given how infrequently guys go head to head vs women, hardly unusual; I still sometimes surprise my husband by not being able to lift things he can lift with a bad back, because it's a straight up lift, not something I can use tricks for.)