Friday, August 30, 2019

Dead Trees Can Be Beautiful

... when they've got lots of little birds in them.

Momma kitteh has had some more health problems, so I spent the day with her and doing work for her. I'm beat. However, I came home to see my tiny friends doing their thing in our dead apricot tree.


We have a bird bath in the back yard that is more like a drinking fountain for the little guys. If there's one thing a San Diego songbird appreciates in the dryest parts of the summer, it's a source of clean, fresh water.

The apricot tree died in the middle of last year, but we don't plan to remove it because the birds like to roost in it while they check out the safety of the bird bath which is almost directly below it.

I find the sight of the tree filling with little birds charming. I took video of it to play with in Premier, but the memory card died, so I need to try again. In the meantime, there's a foursome for you. The most I've seen at any one time is seven. Four is about the average.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

IlĂ­on said...

In these parts, in the winter, their leaves having fallen, most trees look dead. Around my house, in the winter, their leaves having fallen, most trees are filled with no-so-little birds: crows. I assure you, it is not a pleasant thing.