Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Walking Into A Trap

... over and over and over again isn't the fault of the person setting the trap. It's your fault.

I keep feeling that the whole gays vs. Catholics thing is a total waste of time and nothing but a hideous trap for us. It's not like we would be talking about it if left to our own devices. I put these nominal pie charts together to share on a tweet and, from my experience, they qualitatively represent how things are.



If homosexuality wasn't politically weaponized, would we even care all that much? For example, if I knew a 36-year-old man who, for whatever reason, was never going to be in a relationship with a woman, would I care what he did in his house? Not really. In fact, not at all. It also doesn't make any difference to me if he did it with someone else of a similar bent.

If what he was doing resulted in children outside of marriage, I would care very much indeed as it is manifestly unfair to the children and the mother. But alone or with another guy? Meh.

Exit question: Why do we keep taking the bait? Why do we allow the secular press and the progressives, but I repeat myself, two (one) groups who clearly dislike us and have no intention of understanding us, choose the topics we discuss?

3 comments:

tim eisele said...

"Why do we keep taking the bait? "

That's an excellent question, KT. Why do you? I never understood why you post about it so much, especially when you so frequently close with some variant of "I wouldn't care if they would just keep it to themselves". It seems to me that they'd be a lot more likely to keep it to themselves if it weren't for the fact that, with minimal effort, they could expect a lot of indignant people to give them free publicity.

search engine marketing said...

Amazing idea,,,,Our costumers from all the world, our search engine marketing affordable services for businesses of all shapes and size do not wait, contact us now https://www.toprankingseo.net/ and the overall return on your marketing dollars, grow your sales and revenue .
www.toprankingseo.net

IlĂ­on said...

"Exit question: Why do we keep taking the bait? Why do we allow the secular press and the progressives, but I repeat myself, two (one) groups who clearly dislike us and have no intention of understanding us, choose the topics we discuss?"

Because they are not willing to allow the old Christian tolerance: they demand celebration; they demand the opposite of tolerance.