Friday, February 22, 2019

Farewell To Peter Tork

I'm a huge Monkees fan. When I heard that Peter died yesterday, I was hit pretty hard by the news. I've seen him in concert five times, three times with the Monkees and twice with his own band, Shoe Suede Blues. Below is a video from a performance at the Topsfield Fair in Massachusetts. It rained like crazy that day, so the fair was pretty deserted and they brought the show inside, into the place where they had an exhibit of local quilts. It was hilarious and he turned it into something fun.

After the concert, we had a chance to chat with him. He was friendly and at the end, we took a photo with him. I'll treasure that memory.

As for the video, this was 2011, so I shot it with a cheap video camera. I couldn't get a spot for it far enough from the "stage" to get the whole band, so the lead guitarist, Lauren, was out of shot the whole time. In any case, enjoy.

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

The Monkeys are probably my favorite "oldies" band. RIP, sir, you earned it!