Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Photo I Wish I'd Taken

... or been able to take.

I love the view from the crest of a bridge looking down a river. Whether it's looking into a city, like the photo of Mobile, Alabama below, or just looking down a river flowing through a forest, I think it's a dramatic scene. Alas, it's usually not a good idea to stop your car on a bridge to get out and take a photo and I never seem to have the time to park at the base and walk up to the center of the bridge.

This one actually looks like it was taken by a drone. I don't have one of those, so I can't get the shot this way, either. Oh well. Thank God for professional photographers.

2 comments:

ligneus said...

Isn't photography marvelous? Imagine how we'd miss it if for some strange reason it didn't 'work' any more and there would be no more photographs. It's not that long ago it didn't exist.

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

I love it, too. I love how accessible photography is now. Just about anyone can grab a digital and snap away. If it was a horrible shot, just delete and retake.