Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Furries On Tarawa

While wife kitteh and I were in Chicago over the weekend, there was a Furries convention there at the same time. We went out to lunch at a German restaurant near the convention with some friends which is where we discovered them. It was quite the experience. We even got to see one of them spanked in front of everyone with a large paddle. If you don't know what a Furry is, it's some dude who dresses like a furry animal, as far as I can tell, primarily for sexual fetish purposes.

It made me think of the Marines on Tarawa. They were almost completely unalike. I have to confess that there was some similarity as both were bipeds and presumably mammalian, but that was probably about where it ended.

Not Marines.

Marines.
It's an indication of the state of our culture that grown men feel comfortable dressing like furry animals and paddling each other in public.

And people want to complain about President Trump being inappropriate.

6 comments:

Foxfier said...

Midwest FurFest.

The exhibitionist twits aren't normal, for what it's worth-- they're more likely, as a group, to go visit a children's hospital to show off their costumes than to do the fetish exhibition junk. Looks like this con raised $90k for "Sit Stay Read"-- taking dogs into schools and reading stories.

No, I'm not a Furry*, but with my avatar I get mistaken for it a lot, and I've gotten an ear full from the non-freak Furries about the psycho sex twits. "S&M My Little Pony pr0n" and worse-- honestly, there are some folks who twig every "this person is possibly dangerous" alarm a body has. Several cons have died because they let the vendor hall fill up with furry naughty pictures instead of art and fun stuff.
Last theory I heard is that they became furries because that's where the media says it's OK to be a freak, so easy hunting for the seriously sick, and a chance to involuntarily involve others in one's sex life.

Amusingly enough, the first guy who mistook me for a furry is a Marine. Not much older than I am, though.

*amusingly enough, I don't even own a pair of cat ears, much less fox ears.

Foxfier said...

I rate the normal-furries roughly on par with the guys who repaint their pickups to match their favorite football team, as far as "fandoms I really don't get" goes.

K T Cat said...

My friend who has been turned to TG has increased my sensitivity considerably. If there's a subculture perfectly willing to utterly destroy that life for their own preening (a)moral vanity, then I'm not surprised to find the furry pr0n becoming, err, mainstream.

I didn't know about the charity stuff. That's pretty cool.

Mostly Nothing said...

The garage logic podcast did a segment on a female Navy person who is a furry. For her it isn't sexual, according to the story they reported on. Seemed innocent enough, if very weird.

I can take a lot of this stuff. It's the people trolling for something by which to be offended, that really bugs me. Like this year's attacking of Christmas specials and old time songs. Meanwhile, every "popular music" song is about degrading women and general depravituy is perfectly fine and untouchable.

K T Cat said...

Right, MN. I thought about that same thing. Rap and metal are perfectly fine, but Dean Martin is unacceptable? Really?

Foxfier said...

a subculture perfectly willing to utterly destroy that life for their own preening (a)moral vanity

Something about this really rings true...but I'm not sure where it fits.

It 'feels' like a thread woven through a lot of the current issues. Tied in with being willing to destroy anybody they can reach for the same, they're just last.