Saturday, September 29, 2018

Red Pill Teachings: Tactically Smart, Strategically Stupid

For a couple of reasons I'll share at another time, I'm reading (listening to) The Rational Male. It's a foundational book for the Red Pill community - men who are focused on being alpha males.

I've spent the day doing various dadly and husbandly things, so I don't have a lot of time for this post. Suffice it to say, the book is all about how to get laid. Don't give in to women, don't spend your time giving them what you think they want because that just makes you seem weak. That's not going to get you action. Be a bit difficult and masculine and you'll find all the women you want.

Also, date several women at the same time. It makes you feel more confident and confidence is a big deal.

Whatever.

Some of the advice is good and I've actually learned a thing or two from it. Having said that, I can't figure out why I'd bother if I were younger and unmarried. What's the point of it all? Have several girlfriends at the same time? Good Lord, what a lot of work. And in the end, what do you have? If the goal isn't to become a husband and father, why not ditch women altogether? There are lots of easy ways to amuse yourself without all that hassle.

My son tells me about a dozen or so young men he knows from his high school who have basically dropped out of the dating scene. Part time work, video games, weed, beer and other pursuits are good enough for them. For that crowd, what's the point of the whole pick up artist mentality? It seems to me that the sloths have the right idea. They're maximizing pleasure per calorie consumed achieving it.

If your goal is to be a husband and father, I can't figure out why I'd be dating lots of women at the same time. I can't imagine the Godly woman I'd want as my life partner would be sympathetic to being one of my "spinning plates." The tactics would seem to drive away the very woman I want.

I've a few more things on this topic, but they'll have to wait for another day. For all of those criticisms, the book makes good points about maintaining masculine pride, even in a long-term relationship. It's probably worth sampling the thing, but not too seriously.

Beta males in action. ;-)

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

The tactics would seem to drive away the very woman I want.

I wish more folks would consider this angle-- male and female.

It's like they're shopping for a pickup, but all they take testdrives in is little commuter cars.