Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Bicycling?

You've got to be kidding me.

I'm on the East Coast today, hobnobbing and galavanting as is my wont from time to time. Last night, I landed in DC, rented a car and drove off. Gina Patrina*, my GPS system, guided me off to my hotel after a few stops for supplies.

Well, she sort of guided me.

Gina took my on the weirdest, most roundabout way I'd ever seen. I was going through mostly residential side streets. At one point, I went through a particular sequence twice and I still couldn't figure out how to follow her directions. She's usually so direct and reliable!

I finally realized she thought I was bicycling. At that intersection where I couldn't find the route, she was telling me to take a bike path through a park.

Gina! Stop that!

I have no idea why she thought I was on a bike. Sigh. Oh well, Gina, we're all allowed a mistake or three. It's OK, I won't hold a grudge.

Clouds over Virginia. The scene was much more attractive than this. Not sure why the shot came out so grainy.
* - Gina Patrina is our family name for Google maps, particularly in navigation mode.

No comments: