Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Parade Of Songbirds

... at our backyard birdbath. I set up my little point-and-shoot to record the birdbath for half an hour and then edited it down to just the birds. There is an apricot tree out of frame on the left that they love and that's why they all come from that side.

Don't worry, none of them are bathing so this is rated G. The video is HD and I think the little guys are pretty, so it might be worth watching in fullscreen mode. Enjoy.


As far as the Digital Fast went on Day 5 - more of the same. I'm coming to a conclusion on the set of changes I'm going to make as a result of what I've learned.

1 comment:

Timothy Eisele said...

I guess they were thirsty, not dirty. I think I recognize the house finches as something that we have here too, but I'm not so sure about the ones in various shades of yellow. Fine-looking birds, in any case.

We mostly have redpolls and chickadees coming to our feeder at this time of year. Redpolls are little, sparrowlike birds with a red spot on top of their heads, and arrive in big flocks once winter sets in. It seems that they are migratory birds, and they do fly south for the winter, but they spend the summers up in the high arctic. As far as they are concerned, *we* are "south". There is a flock of well over 100 birds that has been hanging around our back yard all winter, they like thistle seed.