Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Odds And Ends - Religion, Politics And Photography

I couldn't take it any more so I changed my habit.

I got my coffee, gave the dogs their treats, fed our Maximum Leader and sat down with my laptop. I opened the Wall Street Journal. Screaming. I opened Instapundit. Screaming. I opened Twitter. Screaming. Enough!


I opened Lynda and started a course on photography. No screaming. Ahhhh. I've promised myself for years to learn photography, but I never have. I don't know the first thing, not even the terminology. I just drag my cameras around and blast away at stuff, getting a ton of shots from which I can find decent ones to post here. A four-year-old in a sandbox is more technically proficient that I am. Time to change that. Soon, I hope to be able to challenge middle-school kids with my mad skillz.

When I feel like returning to the screamfest that is our content-free politics, it will still be there.


I've been listening to the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It's good and all that, but having marinated in Catholic theology for years now, it's nothing new. I think I'm going to skip that and go to the source. I've never read the New Testament straight through and I've got it on Audible. A while back, I listened to the Acts of the Apostles in its entirety and I was amazed how it changed my world view. The complete story is so much more sophisticated than the snippets you might get at Mass.


I bought this yesterday. It's a dashboard / windshield mount for my GoPro Hero3.


I hope to make some interesting driving videos to share with you soon.


That's it for this episode of Odds and Ends. I hope you have a great, screaming-free day.

1 comment:

tom said...

The cul-de-sac chat must be interesting... "odd how we've been getting coyotes at 5am. Yes, coyotes. They make the funny screaming sound."

Photography is funny. Some are into art. I was pretty decent at photojournalism, which is about timing (but you can't make a living at it).

Are we going to have to escalate the dashcam video? My greatest hits include a red-light-runner t-boning a car, and a guy turning left in front of me and stopping :-(