Friday, June 23, 2017

Alcohol And Caffeine

Are they signs that you don't like yourself?

Alcohol and caffeine artificially change your mood. Isn't your mood an expression of self in the moment? I love them both and I love the way they make me feel for the first 30-60 minutes after consuming them. After that, all bets are off, but that hour of euphoria is terrific.

While drinking my morning cup of French press Columbian after having had a few pops the night before, it occurred to me that what I was doing was changing who I was. Subtly, but still, they change me. That's their whole point.

Wasn't I OK before them?

A growler and glass of Legacy Brewing's Hellfire IPA. It's excellent. Well, until you've had too many and then it's not so excellent.

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

I drink coffee to enhance a good thing-- wakefulness.
Alcohol is a calmer, greasing the skids so to speak.

It's not "you," it's an aspect of "you"-- and if there's nothing you'd like to increase or decrease about yourself, you're either awesome or confused!