Friday, February 17, 2017

Schadenfreude For The Elites

I can't watch an awards show anymore without being lectured and told I'm a jerk.

I can barely pick out a movie without finding one that calls me a jerk and makes me the villain.

There's almost no news coming out of the universities that doesn't let me know that academia thinks I'm a jerk and would refuse to let me speak if I was invited.

I can't watch the news without seeing stark evidence that stories painting me as a jerk have been emphasized to fit the narrative that I am a jerk.

These people hate me. They've hated me for years. This has been going on as long as I can remember and it's only gotten worse as time goes by.

So when Trump holds a press conference and lets some of these "elites" have it with both barrels, I love it. LOVE IT. Ooh, he's lying! Ooh, he misspoke! Ha! Like I care. I'm beyond words with joy at seeing them get it good and hard. I know it goes against the theologian in me, but I don't give a hoot any more. The pleasure button in my limbic system is being pressed and pressed and pressed and pressed. God, does this feel good.

The following tweet sums it up for me, save for the part that somehow Trump has done this to the press and the rest of the "elites." They did this to themselves by hating me.

3 comments:

ligneus said...

I think you might like Trump, May And The Return Of The Anglosphere Will Make The World A Better Place.

K T Cat said...

Great post. Thanks! "So rapid has been the Trump administration’s blitzkrieg assault on the liberal-left’s cultural and political hegemony that the old liberal establishment just doesn’t know what has hit it, yet."

IlĂ­on said...

^ God willing, they'll never figure it out.