Friday, October 18, 2013

While The Wife's Away

... the husband will, err, play?

So my lovely bride is working a women's retreat this weekend and I've been able to batch* it since Thursday. Thursday afternoon my daughter had her first behind-the-wheel lesson en route to her driver's license. Thursday night, I took the Catican Guards out on maneuvers as they hadn't had any PT in a long time and were starting to rough-house in their barracks.

Today was Catholic Charities and errands, tomorrow is my daughter's soccer and cooking for various people, Sunday is a trip to see my son at college and then a sprint up to the retreat to see the closing of the event and drive my wife back home.

Ahh, relaxing! That's what we bachelors like!

* - Is the shortened, verb version of bachelor bach or batch? It's pronounced "batch."

1 comment:

Ohioan@Heart said...

I always thought it would be spelled "bache", while pronounced "batch".