Friday, October 25, 2013

Consumer Confidence And Obamacare

Just had a thought wander into my head. What's going to happen to consumer confidence, consumer spending and business spending as the turmoil and uncertainty of the Obamacare disaster continue to grow? Personally, I'm going to be paying at least $1000 more each year for health care, but at least I'll have it. What about the hundreds of thousands or millions of people whose health care is being terminated because their policies don't meet Obamacare standards?

Would you be out there buying a new car or new washing machine under those circumstances?

1 comment:

Moxie D. Hoxie said...

We'll still have insurance, but our deductibles, co-pays, and contributions are going UP. We're the people who aren't gonna have the money to weather it and believe me, we're already doing major belt-tightening. Goodwill is looking better and better for shopping for clothes and other things. We've got a huge flea market. We're also looking for second jobs. I cannot tell you how much I hate that crew in Washington for doing this to us. A year ago, life was okay--we got by, with some money left for a little fun. Those days are gone...