... is that they're crazy.
Speaking from prolonged, close, personal experience, it's almost impossible to get inside the mind of a lunatic and figure out how they see the world. You can do it for brief moments, but it's incredibly difficult to maintain for any length of time. The problem with crazy people is that since they don't think like you do, I mean structurally think like you do as in your internal logical flow charts are practically useless, you can't figure out their motivations.
During the Republican National Convention, we had Code Pink dressing up like giant vaginas to protest the GOP's War On Women and members of the news media finding racism in everything.
These are crazy people, plain and simple.
I spent some time trying to get inside this kind of mind, figuring I could get a decent blog post out of it.
- they need to dismiss logical financial and fiscal arguments,
- they want to maintain their fantasy world of government spending and power,
- all of their hip friends think this way and they don't want to be seen as a square,
- it's a lot of childish, frat-house fun to laugh at the racists or
- they live in a fantasy world where it is still 1964 because they wish with all their hearts they could have been in the civil rights marches (my personal favorite).