Friday, January 27, 2012

In A Funk

I've been in a funk lately, at home, at work and everywhere else. I don't feel like doing much of anything. I don't know about you, but when I accomplish some major goal, I fall back into a torpor until something excites me again. For about two years, my driving purpose was helping my daughter do well in school and make the high school soccer team. I spent lots of time, money and thought on this and now that it's paid off, all I want to do is lay around and watch English Premier League soccer.

Like this.

Do successes make you funkadelic?


Rose said...

Ebb and flow. The tide comes in, the tide goes out. Grasshopper. :)

captcha: chinisms

Cheesehead said...

Yep, I can relate. There's something about the sudden stop of adrenaline/energy expended/whatever you want to call it that just leaves me drained. Even little things don't generate excitement. It takes the next, big thing to get me going again.